Concept2Engineering are experts in the testing and qualification of valves and vessels, from standard production testing, qualification testing to various standards to customer specific testing intended to meet project specific requirements and validate new designs.
Our purpose built valve test facility is capable of testing and qualifying any valve type
or class up to and including DN 400, we can test from -196°C (fully cryogenic) all the ways
up to 400°C under stable temperatures and pressures, and we can test over 1000°C using our
fire test facility, ensuring valves perform under the most stringent of conditions. We can
pressure test on water up to 100,000 psi and up to 30,000 psi on gas.
We have a range of purpose built test rigs designed to enable the qualification of valves to various standards (outlined below in scope of testing), including our fire test facility capable of qualifying valves, vessels and other assemblies to various industry standards and ensuring they are safe to be used in the field. Our valve fire test facility is capable of safely testing at pressures up to, and including, 20,000 psi for numerous international standards including but not limited to BS EN ISO 10497, API 607 and API 6FA.
As part of the Concept2Engineering’s ongoing research and development for our valve test facility we can now offer hyperbaric testing for subsea valves and equipment at depths of up to 3000m to standards such as API 17D.
Concept2Engineering have three large test cabinets (6m x 2.4m x 3.0m) all of which are fully
blast proofed and fitted with CCTV enabling tests to be witnessed from the safety of the
workshop or office for customers and third-party inspectors. Data logging software is used to
capture and record all temperatures and pressures for inclusion in the final report; this data
is displayed in real time on screens at the test panel for continual review by the test engineer
and 3rd party inspectors.
We also have the capability for tests to be remotely viewed from anywhere in the world. This is a great solution for our overseas customers, for whom it would normally not be feasible to witness a test. In this case the witness would be able to see both live test results and live CCTV footage of the test with constant communication with the test engineer. Multiple third party inspectors have used this capability and have found it clear and easy to use.
All pressure and temperature monitoring equipment used is calibrated in house by Concept2Engineering’s calibration department, using master equipment that is certified by UKAS accredited laboratories. Where outside calibration providers are used, traceability to a UKAS accredited laboratory is ensured.
Scope of Testing
Concept2Engineering has a range of tests available to customers including:
- Gas testing (Submerged if required) – up to API 30ksi (Nitrogen/Helium/Mix)
- Methanol testing – up to 10ksi
- Hydrostatic testing - up to 100ksi
- Burst testing - up to 100ksi
- API 6A - PR2
- API 6A PSL-3G
- Cryogenic testing (BS 6364) – up to 10ksi
- Thermal testing –196°C to + 400°C (Environmental cabinet x 2)
- Shell TAT – MESC SPE 77/300
- Fugitive Emissions – ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2
- Hydraulic Testing up to 40ksi
- Flow Testing - IEC 60534 (DN 50 and DN100 Flow Lines)
- Fire Testing – BS EN 10497/API 607/API 6FA/API 6FB - up to API 15K
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection - ASME III and ASME V
- Antistatic testing - API 6D
- Cycle/Endurance testing
If you require a test to be performed to a standard not listed above, please contact us, as we may still be able to offer the test you require.
Scope of Testing at Customer Site
While all the above is offered at our workshop some of our test equipment is mobile enough to offer onsite testing that can often be more convenient for the customer as it excludes delivery times and costs. The onsite testing we can perform includes :
- Antistatic testing
- Liquid Penatrant Inspection
- Fugitive emissions - ISO 15848-2
- Hydraulic testing - up to 40ksi
Availability for such tests depends upon the distance between the customer's workplace and our own.
- Portable Hydro test unit –2600 Bar (3 SC pumps)
- Gas Test Panel – 1400 Bar (3 Haskell gas pumps)
- Gas Booster – 2600 Bar (2 Haskell gas pumps)
- Calibrated Pressure Gauges (Over 50 for Gas and Hydro Testing)
- Calibrated Pressure Transducers (Various models and pressure ratings)
- Calibrated T and K Class 1 thermocouples
- Gas Flow Meter
- 2 Water Flow Meters (2” and 4” Flow lines)
- Demineralised Water Production Unit
- Various Hydro Test Rigs, complete with hydraulic rams
- Wilo Pump (4” Flow line)
- Grunfoss Pump (2” flow line)
- Cryo Store 500 x 2 (Liquid Nitrogen storage up to 850 L)
- Large environmental chamber, -100°C to +350°C (2.75m3 Internal Volume)
- 2 Small environmental chambers, -100°C to +350°C (0.5m3 Internal Volume)
- 3 Cryogenic tanks (Large-2.75m3, Medium-1.60m3 , Small-0.5m3 )
- Pfeiffer Qualytest Helium Leak Detector
Health and Safety
Health and Safety is of paramount importance for Concept2Engineering, and comprehensive risk assessments are carried out before any testing is started.
We also carefully consider the safety requirements for any inspectors at our sites and take great care to ensure no one is ever put in any danger.
As part of Concept2Engineering's health and safety considerations, oxygen depletion detectors and alarms have been installed to ensure the safety of test engineers and 3rd party inspectors for any tests involving liquid Nitrogen or any other asphyxiant gases.